Bluefin Fishing Charters offer Halibut fishing from Pat's 27 ft. Pursuit. The boat is a very comfortable, fully equipped and Transport Canada Certified with GPS sounder, radar, Scotty riggers, on-board washroom and safety equipment. Bluefin's Fishing vessel is moored at Jock's Dock. Taking a fishing charter with Bluefin Fishing puts you minutes away from British Columbia's open ocean.
Halibut Fishing Charters operate from February 1
Halibut can get up to and over 200 pounds in the waters around Sooke. They're hard pullers and fun to catch. Pulling one up from the deep is a thrill! (And they are delicious.) Excellent fishing can be found only 20 - 30 minutes from Sooke.
Most Halibut caught during our trips are in the 30 to 70 pound range, with huge 200 pounder Halibut and even bigger lurking in the ocean's depths. Try your hand at catching one of these heavy pulling, challenging denizens of the deep!
Captain Pat Williams will:
- Bring 30 years’ experience fishing and guiding along the BC coastline.
- Bring insurance and safety qualifications including being a C-Tag certified guide with certificates in MED A3 (Marine Emergency Duties), SVOP (Small Vessel Proficiency) and Marine First Aid.
- Provide the ‘Bluefin’, a very comfortable, fully equipped and Transport Canada Certified 27 foot Pursuit with GPS sounder, radar, scotty riggers, onboard washroom and safety equipment. The boat is moored at Jock’s Dock just minutes from the open ocean.
- Supply bait and fishing gear.
- Clean, fillet and bag your salmon haul.
You and your party will:
- Provide salt water fishing license required - Licenses are available online at Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
- Wear layers for changing temperatures and conditions. The weather can change quickly on the west coast! Rain gear is a good idea. Rubber boots are too, although running shoes or any soft-soled shoes should be fine. Bring sunglasses and sunscreen as it can get very bright on the water.