Sooke salmon fishing charters are available May through September where you can fish for the largest species of Pacific Salmon, Chinooks, also known as Spring or King Salmon. Feisty Cohos abound July through October, along with Sockeye and scrappy Pinks.
Sooke has been a year-round destination for generations. Large runs of salmon migrate annually past the West Coast of Vancouver Island, feeding and bulking up before heading for their spawning grounds.
While cruising Vancouver Island's rugged coastline to the fishing grounds, seals, whales, eagles and porpoises are often along for the ride.
Year round Salmon Fishing Charters - Sooke B.C.
Salmon Fishing continues November into March with hard fighting Winter Chinooks, which are slightly smaller than Summer Chinooks but just as much fun to pull in.
Sooke Salmon Fishing Charters
Pat's boat is a very comfortable, fully equipped and Transport Canada Certified 27 foot Pursuit with GPS sounder, radar, scotty riggers, onboard washroom and safety equipment. The boat is moored at Jock's Dock just minutes from the open ocean.
- Bait and fishing gear supplied.
- Salt water fishing license required.
- Licenses are available online at Department of Fisheries and Oceans.
- Wear layers for changing temperatures and conditions. The weather can change quickly on the west coast!
- Rain gear is a good idea. Rubber boots are, too, although running shoes or any soft-soled shoes should be fine. Bring sunglasses and sunscreen as it can get very bright on the water.
- Your expert Salmon Fishing Guide Pat will clean, fillet and bag your Salmon Fishing haul. Bring a large cooler to take your catch of salmon home in.
Pat Williams has fished and guided on the BC coast for 30 years. He is fully insured and is a C-Tag certified guide with certificates in MED A3 (Marine Emergency Duties), SVOP (Small Vessel Proficiency) and Marine First Aid.